Sandler's Leadership Solutions
Strengthening the backbones of successful companies
Learn how to transform yourself into a leader with these insights.
Worried that you might be missing some vital insights to be the leader you know you can be? Concerned that you know you need to constantly grow, but you're not sure what to do next?
Excerpted from our book, Transforming Leaders The Sandler Way, this sample chapter addresses how to differentiate between the job that you do and the person that you are.
Successful managers must be able to effectively...
- Support corporate initiatives through the accomplishment of department goals.
- Channel their peoples' efforts in the appropriate direction in order to accomplish those goals.
- Acquire specialised knowledge and skills relevant to managing people and helping them accomplish predictable results.
Effective leaders must build on those managerial skills, plus...
- Have an instinctual understanding about human nature, and why people act the way that they do.
- Be able to observe their people's behaviour and analyse and respond to it in an objective, supportive, and constructive manner.
- Encourage, enable and recognise their people for their performance.
Transform yourself into the leader you want to be
Transforming Leaders— The Sandler Way
Author and Sandler trainer Dave Arch discusses his latest book, Transforming Leaders The Sandler Way. A key premise of his book is that you can't transform a team or an organisation until you've transformed yourself. Arch offers a user-friendly, graphically-driven guide to the 52 critical leadership lessons that support great careers and great teams. A full-colour card deck supports the book.